Pages

11.24.2012

A Pin-spirational Boutique in Ft. Worth

A few short weeks ago I was in Dallas for the Family Travel Conference. It was inspiring, educational, and a great chance to catch up with tons of my fellow TravelingMom bloggers (and meet wonderful new friends). After the conference was over I was graciously invited to come on over and see what Ft. Worth had to offer (they're very hospitable down there in Texas).


In my journeys I stumbled across Maverick Western Wear. Located at the corner of East Exchange and Main Street this store is my dream Pinterest board come to life.

Maverick is even pretty from the outside!

I had to refrain from taking a photo of every item because my battery was dying but here are some keepers:

In a perfect world this would be my closet.

All high quality boots with beautiful hand work on them.

What homestead is complete without some cow art?

 After years in the retail world I drool when I see displays dripping with color, height, texture and just overall good quality items.

Visually the entire store had my creative brain dreaming up ideas for home, planning out DIY projects and which room I was going to decorate next.

While they do have an online store they are pretty clear that most items that are made in small quantities are not listed on their site so if you have the occasion to be near the Dallas-Ft. Worth area it is definitely worth the trip to stock up on some unique hand-made goodies.



Antler Chandelier


These long wooden display worthy bowls were my favorites. There were cowhide lined ones and really ornate leather decorated ones. The rich wood with the studding made my heart skip a beat. I'm still a little sad one didn't make it into my luggage!   




These little ceramic birds were definitely something to Tweet about (heehee, I crack myself up). Aqua happens to be my favorite color so the shades of blue here were right up my alley.

Happy Pinning! What stores inspire you and your projects?

Note: I visited Ft. Worth as a guest of the Ft. Worth Convention & Visitor's Bureau. As always my opinions are my own- I mean taste is subjective and I'm here talking about cow paintings and ceramic birds!)

No comments:

Post a Comment