I am ashamed to post the before pictures but here they are: (Feel free to gasp out loud- they aren't even all the way before as I had started sorting items into categories a week ago.)
|With post & beam construction we end up with some weird and limited shelving.|
|We also lack a laundry closet, hence the stack of towels on a chair. We also had a cabinet thing over the toilet that I was getting worried about. It seemed very "tippable".|
|The sink is just a huge catch all.|
My husband took the 17 month old and amused her for awhile and I set to work on organizing everything.
My goal was to fit most of our items under the sink because the shelving area was open and the toddler had started to rummage through it.
|Travel size items including our ready to go travel bag.|
|Medicines & Thermometers|
|My husband's stuff|
|My son's stuff & our dental items|
Then I tackled a little obstacle. Our first aid supply was out of control. So I sorted the band aids by size. Half of them I set aside to go into our 72 hour kit which I am working on.
|Sorting band-aids by size|
|First Aid Supplies|
|All the baby stuff|
|Ahhh- I'm in love with my label maker.|
|Under the sink After|
|Medicine Cabinet After|
|Woah- where'd all that crap go? :)|
I took out the over toilet cabinet. With the slanted ceiling it had always felt a little large for the space but we had needed the storage! I replaced the towel chair with a small white bookcase that has at some point in time lived in every room in our house. I added a book holder to the side of the toilet- we received it as a gag Christmas gift but it came in handy. And the container on top of the toilet holds a backup roll of toilet paper and formula for late night bottles. I had a huge assortment of containers floating around so I actually didn't have to purchase anything for this project. I had gone through in the last week though and consolidated all of my empty containers and baskets into one corner upstairs which made life easier.
|The all-important potty training throne.|
|My favorite part!|
|Laundry basket storage & my bird matching game. I'll have to touch up the walls, when I pulled the shelves out the walls were still white where they had been.|
I had a bunch of these IKEA bird placemats from an earlier project. I took 2 of them and cut all the birds out of one. Then using sticky-back velcro I attached them over the matching bird on the whole placemat.
|See, I'm holding the bluebird before I put him on his twin.|
The toddler is big into matching right now and has a velcro obsession so this should keep her busy.
Here she is checking out the play area before bed.
Ok, so I feel like my Sunday had a purpose. So, so glad to get this project accomplished! My husband's reaction, "I don't care why you did this but if that lemon blog motivates you to take pictures and clean things then keep doing it."