Pages

8.14.2012

20 Chore Tuesday AKA The Motivation to Preserve

I'm a fan of Emily over at Joyful Abode partially because I think we're living parallel baby-wearing, co-sleeping, cloth diapering, breastfeeding lives with our matchingly spaced toddlers and babies. Now I have one more reason to love her with this new 20 Chore Tuesday Linkup because let's face it- I sometimes lack motivation.
20 chore tuesday

Here is my list for today:

Cooking/Kitchen:
1. Puree, bag & freeze the 10 lbs of beets from the crockpot.
2. Pickle the 20 lbs of green beans.

3. Hot water process the dilly bean pickles.
4. Empty dishwasher & put away dishes in rack.
5. Clean out fridge so I can fit farm stuff. Finally got this done on Friday.
6. Pick up farm share.
7. Chop 6 lbs onions for onion relish. The baby decided to be cooperative so I did this 1st thing Wednesday morning.
8. Pack farm lettuce into mason jars for this weeks salads.
9. Snap ends off of the 20 more lbs of beans I pick up while husband and I are watching Chopped on Hulu tonight. (Our version of date night :) ) - The beans won't be ready till the end of the week so we'll have to move this to Thursday. Instead we ate ice cream and watched Chopped :)

Laundry:
10. Make more laundry detergent.
11. Do a load of laundry.
12. Fold & put away laundry.

Cleaning:
12. Sweep stairs.
13. Sweep and mop entryway. Got the 8 yr old to do this Wednesday morning. Haha! The power of Swiffer love.
14. Sweep upstairs bathroom.Squeezed this in right before my shower after I had my son pull everything up off the floor.
15. Clean toilet. (does pouring bleach in it count? that's all I've done so far.) Managed to get my scrub & clean on pre-shower Wednesday morning.
16. Clean vanity.
17. Clean bathtub.
18. Mop floor.8 yo did this for me after I swept Wednesday morning.

Phone:
19. Call passport agency and check on son's passport status.

Other:
20. Got through office supply stash and cross items we have off of son's required school supply list.

Whew! Good thing I had coffee this morning!


4 comments:

  1. I didn't know chopped was on Hulu. Since w went cable free I will have to check that out. Wow, you got so much more done then I did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some older episodes on Hulu & newer ones on Food Network. I have a great motivation to get stuff done on M, T, W- there is only a newborn & 8 yo home w/ me. The almost 2 yo is in daycare those days. Thursdays and Fridays I'm too busy chasing her and securing valuables/breakables to get stuff done!

      Delete
  2. Good job with your list! I feel like a bad wife... a lot of the household chores on your list get taken care of by my husband. He takes care of me, I take care of baby. Maybe I should think of it more as I have a good husband... yeah that sounds better ;)

    Leasa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good to have a good husband! I have an amazing husband who will take all the kids as soon as he gets home so that I can cook dinner in peace. He usually does the bathroom but it needed to be done so I got to it this time.

      Delete