Pages

8.23.2012

No Crumb Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

My kids love muffins, particularly my toddler. If it's in muffin form she'll eat it. I love my kids but I don't love the disastrous crumb graveyards they leave everywhere after eating muffins. Enter my no crumb muffin. Yes, it's a bold statement to make but these muffins bind together so well I've even been known to hand my son one to eat in the car. These muffins are heavier than a normal muffin and have none of the "fluff" of a traditional muffin. That heaviness fills little bellies up and keeps them satisfied for hours.

See, no crumbs- even after gnawing thru one side. Chocolate face on the other hand is another matter.
No Crumb Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
makes 12 large muffins or 18 medium ones

4 ripe bananas
1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
2/3 cup Stonyfield Farm Lowfat Banilla Yogurt (you can substitute your favorite flavor)
2 3/4 cup flour
6 oz chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray.
Mash bananas (I was lazy and just whisked them in the mixer. Add in all other ingredients except chocolate chips. Mix until all ingredients are blended. Add chocolate chips and blend until incorporated. Scoop into muffin tins. Fill all the way for 12 muffins. If you fill 2/3 full it will make 18 muffins. They puff up quite a bit.
Bake for 20 minutes. Enjoy the easiest banana muffins ever, you can thank me for the lack of crumbs later :) 

Variation: Just made these with blueberry yogurt, cinnamon, and blueberries instead of chocolate chips- still used the banana. They are awesome but turned out a creepy gray color. May use this for Halloween!




No comments:

Post a Comment