Pages

9.18.2012

20 Chore Tuesday- 45 Minutes of Insane Productivity



It's 20 Chore Tuesday again and while I had this ideal vision of my house finally being put in order this week since the baby starts daycare Tuesdays and Wednesdays I have kissed that idea goodbye. It took me 45 minutes to drop off- including setting up her cloth diaper items and feeding her. This means I have a roughly 45 minute window now while I'm typing this to get as much done as possible before leaving the house for work. Luckily, I have my mental list done so here goes:

Ok I tried to insert the link up here and it did not work, so go to Joyful Abode to see other 20 Chore Tuesday participants!

Daycare
1. Pack baby's daycare bag for her 1st day.
2. Bring baby to daycare, set her up, hand in immunization record, leave carseats for husband.

Home
3. Wash laundry in mesh hamper.
4. Fold the two baskets of clothes that are already dry.
5. Put the clothes away.
6. Fold and put away cloth diapers.
7. Start bread dough to rise while I'm at work.
8. Pack up swap items for folks I'm meeting later today and put in trunk.
9. Send in timesheet.
10. Post 20 Chore Tuesday blog.
11. Post a recipe blog later tonight.
12. Pick up living room.
13. Vacuum living room. Changed this one to wipe down kitchen counters, so I'd have somewhere sanitary to put my sanitized pump parts.
14. Vacuum kitchen perimeter under cabinets.
15. Vacuum stairs. Not happening but I did clean my stove!
16. Sweep front hallway. Hahahaha. Too much crap in the hallway to do this and we decided to go to $2 pizza slice night instead.
17. Pack pump up and put in car.
18. Tonight- sanitize all pump parts.Fun added task, Hygeia battery isn't charging. Yup on baby's 1st day of day care I was pumpless. This was incredibly uncomfortable so I called the company. They can repair it but I have to ship it to them, wait 2-3 weeks and have a loaner pump in the meantime. A little disappointed since the pump is less than 2 months old and has seen minimal use.
19. Clean out fridge to make room for farm share.

Errands/Outside of House
20. Do hours at roaster.
21. Pick up check.
22. Pick up farm share.
23. Meet folks for swap items.

Consulting
24. Send out mass press release reminding folks of Rockin Ron the Friendly Pirate's DVD release tomorrow on Talk Like a Pirate Day.
25. Gather items for event as I'll be in an Acidified Food Preservation class tomorrow morning. (Put salon gift certificate in car!)
26. Review links on site to ensure that all fixed properly.
27. Make sure other built site transferred to domain and is up and running.

Other
28. Call and schedule oil change. I decided that I was crazy to try to fit this in tomorrow. It will have to wait until another day.

Crap, I forgot empty compost, soak counter bin in bleach and rinse out poopy diapers. Grr.

I need a nap. And more coffee. 36 minutes till I need to leave the house.

6 comments:

  1. Looks to me like you got a ton of things done today! Awesome job! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks- I feel pretty good about it and am happy that we were also able to squeeze in family pizza night. It's nice to go out every once in awhile.

      Delete
  2. Wow busy busy busy!!!! I too am holding onto the dream that taking my baby (now a toddler) to preschool one day will make it easier to get things done. Maybe the second week will be easier?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the urge to "accomplish" while the kids are in school gets greater with each child you have because the only time you'll ever get anything done is any second you have to yourself..... It's a never ending struggle. :)

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness, you seriously got all of that done on Tuesday?!?! How many hours does your day have? Amazing! I am so impressed... You are definitely one of those moms who deserve a cape and a big "S" on her shirt ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I want a cape :) I think overtime you learn how to be both efficient and not as picky. With 3 kids I have lowered my standards slightly- so clean the living room means fold blanket and put everything on the floor back into toy bins.... but I do have this sense that when I have a free moment I better pack it with stuff quickly because otherwise I might not get another opportunity....

      Delete