It's an October Miracle folks. The whole household stayed in bed until 830a this morning. This NEVER happens. EVER. (Happy dance.) This was aided by the fact that I don't need to go into the roasters like I usually do on Tuesday's. Now as I bring myself back down to reality I remember that I have two giant bins of apples on my front porch that need to be addressed. Last weekend we did a truckload apple sale and since most of the apples are drops they need to be used up very quickly before they go mushy. These are not pretty pie apples. These are serious canned for winter applesauce and apple butter apples. On Sunday my husband and I processed 42 pounds of apples. We need to do about twice that today. (Click the button below to link up!)
Kitchen (it's got to be clean to can)
3. On a related note- have husband measure pantry for shelves. (Yes, I am aware that this was on my list about 3 Tuesdays ago but it never got done.)
10. Post Maple Spiced Apple Butter blog.
11. Post Pumpkin Pie Spice Blog.
More Canning (That's why I call it Canstravaganza!) This will probably all happen Wednesday am as Canstravaganza continues....
13. Leek & Potato Soup
14. Persian Onion Soup
15. Start draft of onion soup blog post.
17. Start green cabbage sauerkraut.
Yup. It's canning madness up in here. No need to build a fire. It will be roughly the same temperature as a tropical island shortly.